Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When I first saw Cannon and Ball . . .

Go down

When I first saw Cannon and Ball . . . Empty When I first saw Cannon and Ball . . .

Post by Andrea Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:33 am

I had watched Cannon and Ball on the TV for a long time and loved every minute of it. To get to see them live for the first time was a very exciting thing.
I saw the in panto at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford.

I was, if I am correct, ten years old.

I remember sitting in my seat being ridiculously giddy and sitting through the beginning of the show excitedly waiting for a glimpse of these people that I loved on telly every week. I remember them walking out and it was the most exciting thing I had ever known.

Norman Collier was in the same panto, I was never a big fan of his anyway but having to sit through him waiting for my faves to come back on was awful, lol. Seemed like a lifetime every time they were offstage.

I remember Bobby having to climb out of a chest and he slipped, catching himself in a painful place, the audience roared with laughter. I thought I had seen a mistake, something special that no one else anywhere else would have seen. It was years later that I realised these things were part of the show and built into every performance, it was still a special feeling back then though.

The show was great and I didn't want to leave, I remember going home in a taxi feeling a mixture of being immensely happy that I had just seen my heroes but terribly sad because it was all over and done with and I didn't know if I would ever see them again.

That was my first Bob and Tom experience and it still has very special memories for me now. Happy days.
Andrea
Andrea
Admin

http://www.cannonandball.com

Back to top Go down